Peer Review

I chose to do my peer review on Play Based Learning

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aExUSQKSyz6BJzORIy0JnVAnUg_kulfj/edit

I found this topic very interesting, I’ve always wondered if there was a better way to teach younger children rather than keeping them in a classroom all day.

The resources design is well organized and easy to follow. I also enjoy how you are providing immediate feedback. I believe having the parents apart of the process is very important. I used to work at a school and I would always be surprised by the amount of parents that were disconnected from their children’s schooling.

Overall there isn’t too much I would change, the resource is quite thorough but I have one question. The average elementary class size is around 20 students, I believe play based learning is a good choice for a class of this size but what if you had a larger class. It is not uncommon for some classes to have up to 30 children, how would you adjust? I believe simply adding an aid to support the teacher would solve most of the issues but when it comes to assessing the students I think there would be some issues with the observations portion.

Thank you for sharing your topic, well done!